February 9, 2012

2007 Topps Heritage: Jim Edmonds

A few years ago, I came across the Topps Heritage cards for the first time while looking through some eBay auctions. I thought it was cool that Topps would place modern-day players on vintage card designs, so I bought a few Cardinals cards here and there from the 2004 and 2006 sets.

Last weekend when I went to Cards-R-Fun, I found this 2007 Jim Edmonds #210 in a box of Cardinals cards.



I always liked the 1958 Topps set and I have a complete set for the Cardinals (which includes #464, Curt Flood's rookie card). The solid, single-color background with the player in the center kind of pops out at you and the triangular team logo with the yellow background hearkened back to the 1955 set.

This is the only card I have for this particular set. If anyone has any Cardinals they'd like to trade, please let me know and maybe we can work something out. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment