February 4, 2012

Cards-R-Fun in Nashville

Today I took a trip to one of the few--if not only--card shops left in Nashville, Tennessee: Cards-R-Fun. I had been to their old location on Trousdale Place several years ago, which wasn't far off I-65 and easy to reach. I remembered it being somewhat disorganized, but still a great place to find practically any kind of trading card you might be looking for. (Mark Aubrey visited the old location a few years ago and posted about it.)

Today, the shop is located beside a Firestone Auto Center at 16125 Old Hickory Blvd., harder to access than the old location but still worth the trip. I thought I'd stop by for an hour or so but ended up staying four hours instead! The location may have changed, but the shop is just like I remember it: floor-to-ceiling sports memorabilia and boxes stacked upon boxes of trading cards everywhere. For a first-time visitor, the layout can be a bit daunting. It took me a minute or two to get my bearings because there's just so much stuff! There's no rhyme or reason to how the boxes of common cards are arranged: football can be mixed with baseball or hockey or Nascar cards. The boxes aren't sequential either, so the want list I had scribbled on a few index cards was quickly discarded as I began working on boxes in one corner of the shop, thumbing through the cards looking for St. Louis Cardinals.

At the end of the day, I had 150 cards from various years and sets, and the price was only about $25.00! John, the owner of Cards-R-Us, is very helpful and his prices are very affordable. I would definitely recommend visiting if you're ever in the Nashville area. I was only able to conquer two shelves on this trip, so I'll be back again when I have more money and more time!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that a great shop? Thanks for letting me know that it moved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inside hasn't changed at all. The new location is farther out of the way and hard to find.

    ReplyDelete